A house fire in Queen Anne last week that sent two people to Harborview Medical Center with minor injuries caused an estimated $300,000 in damage, according to the Seattle Fire Department.

At approximately 7:30 p.m. last Monday (July 23), an SFD engine was dispatched to the 2900 block of 9th Avenue West for the report of a rubbish fire. However, while in route the department’s Fire Alarm Center received more calls, indicating the incident was instead a house fire.

Responding crews arrived to find the back of the home in flames, and worked quickly to knock down the fire, then transitioning to an interior attack to put the fire out. In total, 24 units — including eight engines and a pair of ladder trucks — were on scene during the blaze, which was under control in less than a half hour.

The two residents of the home had already gotten out by the time crews arrived, but were transported to Harborview with minor injuries. No firefighters were hurt.

Investigators have determined the fire was an accident, started by a barbecue grill underneath the home’s back deck. The incident is believed to have caused $150,000 to the home itself, and another $150,000 to its contents.