The following are selected reports from the Seattle Police Department’s West Precinct. They represent the officers’ accounts of the events described.

Garage Break In

Just before 4:30 p.m. on May 1, police responded to a house in the 1600 block of Seventh Avenue West for a residential burglary to a detached garage.

The victim told officers she had forgotten to lock her garage door on the night of April 29, when there were several other reports of burglaries to garages in the neighborhood.

The victim checked her garage that day, and found two milk crates full of power and hand tools and a canvas bag containing tools were missing from a shelf in the garage.

The victim estimated the total value of the tools to be about $2,000.


Suspect Confronted

Shortly before 10 p.m. on May 1, an employee at an office building in the 700 block of Sixth Avenue North called 911 to report she’d just confronted a burglar in the building.

The victim said she was sitting in her office when the suspect walked by, and not recognizing her as an employee, she followed the suspect and confronted her.

The suspect said she was waiting for an employee who’s name the victim didn’t recognize, and she told the suspect to leave.

Surveillance video showed the suspect opening an exterior door, possibly using a pry bar she was holding. Responding officers checked the door and found pry marks on its frame. It didn’t appear the suspect had taken anything during the burglary.


Caught Snooping

Just after 9 p.m. on May 4, police responded to a store in the 2100 block of Queen Anne Avenue North for a suspicious incident.

Two employees told police they’d found a suspect in an employee area, and that he’d been looking through purses stored in the room. The employees said the incident took place at about 6:30 p.m., and that when they found the suspect in the employee room he acted confused and went back out to the sales floor and said he was looking for an item the store didn’t carry. He left shortly after.

The employees looked at the security camera footage and saw that the suspect reached under a desk to check if the safe was empty before approaching two purses and looking inside them. The employees found him in the room before he could take anything.


Cigarette Smash and Grab

Shortly after 2 a.m. on May 9, police responded to a store in the 2200 block of 32nd Avenue West for a burglary alarm that had been tripped about a half hour prior.

Upon arrival, officers found the glass shattered out of one of the front slider doors. Backup officers were called and the store was searched. Nobody was inside.

A large chunk of concrete was thrown through the window. After entering the store the suspect went to the cigarette case near the front and removed the glass doors to the case. Cartons of cigarettes were strewn across the floor and some bottles of alcohol appeared to have been tampered with.

Officers dusted the glass cigarette case door panels for prints and found several, submitting them into evidence.


Road Rage Egging

A little before 6:30 p.m. on May 3, police responded to a 911 call from the 3000 block of 21st Avenue West, after receiving a report that a suspect had pulled a gun in a road rage incident and threw eggs at the victim.

The victim told officers he’d been blocking the street with his car to save a parking spot for his sister. Eventually another car pulled up behind him, and began honking his horn. The victim got out of his car to confront the driver, who pointed a black handgun at him through the windshield. The victim then got out of the way of the car.

It returned several minutes later and the driver threw eggs at the victim’s car as he sped by. Responding police went to the corner store in the 2800 block of Thorndyke Avenue West to ask them if anybody had purchased eggs there that evening. The clerk said two people bought eggs that evening, and showed him video.

A man that matched the description of the suspect bought eggs around the time of the incident.

Police noted that the victim seemed more upset about being egged than having a gun pointed at him.


Mental Break

At approximately 10:15 p.m. on May 5, police were called to a grocery store in the 1600 block of West Dravus Street for a suspect who was screaming and refusing to leave.

The first officer on scene was outside waiting for back up when customers began approaching him saying there was a man inside throwing bottles at customers and staff. The officer went inside and saw the suspect throwing large glass bottles at people.

He told customers and employees to leave, and when the suspect saw that a police officer was there, he threw himself on the ground and yelled, “Don’t shoot me!”

The officer approached and handcuffed the suspect, who became combative as he was trying to escort him outside. The suspect continued to struggle against the police, taking his pants off while yelling that they were trying to plant a gun on him, and refusing to get in the back of the patrol car.

Believing the suspect was suffering from a mental breakdown, officers called Seattle Fire and medics arrived on scene and sedated the suspect, as he refused to cooperate with them. He was taken to the hosptial for treatment.

During the incident, officers found white crystal drugs — later confirmed to be methamphetamine — in plastic wrap on the suspect.